Certificate in Nonprofit Board Governance Training Series
…deserves exceptional, well-trained Board members and candidates — which is how this collaborative commitment of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce, the Cobb Community Foundation, the Cobb Community Collaborative and nonprofit CPA and BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer Glenda Y. Hicks emerged. If you have served on a nonprofit Board — and if you have not yet served on a Nonprofit Board — this training is for you!
The purpose of the Certificate in Nonprofit Board Governance training is to develop a pipeline of formally trained individuals to serve on the Boards of Directors of nonprofit organizations. We piloted this program in Cobb County beginning October 2014. After a year under our belt, the program is ready for other communities.
Who Should Attend
- Those from companies which want to strengthen their community presence and impact
- Existing Board members who have not received formal nonprofit Board training
- Those who have never served on a nonprofit Board
- Those who have served on a nonprofit Board but felt lost, unfulfilled or ineffective
- Those who want to effectively give to their community by sharing their time, talent and gifts
- To understand the basic roles and responsibilities of serving on a nonprofit Board
- To understand the expectations of a Board member
- To understand how to work effectively with Board members and the staff Chief Executive
- To gain access to nonprofit organizations seeking Board members
Glenda Hicks is available to present this Full-Day training in your community as:
- An internal training opportunity for your company employees
- A collaborative program between your chamber, community foundation, and/or County Collaborative
- A nonprofit training event sponsored by local corporations
- A nonprofit training event sponsored by funders (e.g. Federal, State, or Local government agencies)
- A collaborative offering through your local college or university
To speak with Glenda Hicks about your next event, Click Here to contact us.
What the Graduates are Saying….
- “Invaluable training for anyone on a nonprofit board or someone considering a board position” – William F.
- “A great experience” – Irene B.
- “This session was an excellent foundation for any board member or staff person of a non-profit” – Brenda R.
- “I would recommend this workshop to all prospective or new nonprofit board members” – Patricia T.
- “The training is great for existing board members as well as those interested in serving on a board for the first time.” – Allan B.
- “Glenda is a skilled, knowledgeable facilitator who presents information that is not only insightful, but is also applicable” – Pierrette M.
- “Attending the Nonprofit Board Governance Series provided me with valuable insight on ways to improve and enhance, and empowerment as a Board Chair” – Pat G.
- “Great ideas for engaging board” – Jan H-R.
- “As a young Executive Director, I found this training to be invaluable. The teaching was very understandable, rich with examples and stories that were relatable. I have lots of pre-made handouts, surveys, and evaluations that I can easily adapt to fit my organization.” – Missy O.
Glenda Hicks is a Certified Public Accountant, with a solo practice in Marietta, GA. Glenda exclusively serves nonprofit organizations with financial management, financial leadership and board governance training, consulting, executive coaching, and assessment services utilizing her 26 years of professional experience.
Glenda is a BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer, having joined a select group of trainers after completing a rigorous application and certification process. BoardSource is a national nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C. that has supported and promoted excellence in nonprofit board service for nearly 25 years.
Glenda is a former officer and board member of the Cobb Community Collaborative, Girls on the Run of Atlanta, National Legal Aid and Defender Association (NLADA), and the Girl Scout Council of Tropical Florida. She is a former finance committee member of MUST Ministries and a graduate of Leadership Cobb class of 2010.
Glenda is an ongoing faculty presenter for certification courses at the Georgia Center for Nonprofits in Atlanta, GA and is a former adjunct faculty member for Brenau University and the University of Miami. Glenda is also co-author of four personal development books for women and young adults. Learn more here.